Sunday, October 9, 2011

CANCELLED: Trip details: 25th of October - 1st of November

This trip was cancelled due unbalanced situation in Greece during this time.
Sad but true, we shall return later.

After spending 7 days in Finland, I already had more than enough of it so I'm more than happy to announce, I've booked my trip back to Athens! This time it was little bit harder since I will be leaving and returning on Tuesday, so flight times are totally different. Also the fact that I decided to go for a different hotel, not that there's really anything wrong with Athens Imperial, but for a five star hotel, it's not everything about it fills up my expectations, and with those prices, it would be better if it did. So this time I looked for hotel near Metaxourghio, Omonia and Syntagma area, something that has good reviews, basic facilities and price that matches with all of it. And this what I came up with:

Iniohos Hotel, Athens
In the central Omonoia Square, Iniohos Hotel offers air conditioned rooms with free Wi-Fi access. Both Omonoia and Metaxourgeio Metro Station are a 5-minute walk away.
Within a short walk from the hotel, guests can reach the Athens shopping district. The Parthenon and the New Acropolis Museum can also easily be accessed via the metro.
Iniohos offers tastefully decorated rooms with double glazed windows. Each is equipped with a TV, iron and fridge. All rooms also have a balcony.
Guests can start their day with a rich buffet breakfast. Later, they can relax at the hotel’s lounge area and enjoy a coffee or drink from the bar. 24-hour room service is available.

Couple things that made me choose this exact hotel, is the fact that I was considering it before I found Athens Imperial. Iniohos is only 3-star hotel, but that also shows in the prices. It's quite a huge drop from five star to three, but the money I'm gonna save up to my next trip and good reviews of the hotel, pretty much makes me comfortable with this tryout. Also the fact that breakfast is included, rooms have balconies and it's location is very good, is what makes this worth of consideration. So I booked a week at this hotel, now to the actual trip details.

Flights

Blue 1 / SAS
HEL - ATH 25.10.11
Departure: 06:40 Helsinki-Vantaa Airport
(Switch in Copenhagen 7:25-8:50)
Arrival: 13:05 Athens Int E. Venizelos Airport
Flight time: 6:25

Blue 1 / SAS
ATH - HEL 01.11.11
Departure: 14:10 Athens Int E. Venizelos Airport
(Switch in Copenhagen 16:25-17:30)
Arrival: 20:10 Helsinki-Vantaa Airport
Flight time: 6:00

Hotel

25.11.11 - 01.11.11

Superior Double Room - Breakfast included
These rooms are located on upper floors and their bathroom is equipped with hairdryer.

Room Facilities: Air Conditioning, Ironing Facilities, Heating, Soundproofing, Hairdryer, Toilet, Bathroom, Bathtub or Shower, TV, Telephone, Radio, Refrigerator, Wake Up Service/Alarm Clock, Balcony

Room Size: 18 square metres
Bed size: 1 Double


This is how we roll this time, 16 days left and I can't wait to get back!



No comments:

Post a Comment